Friday 9 January 2015

Stop the ride, I want to get off!

#ARCTICRUGBYDADDY goes to Wales

'Stop the ride, I want to get off!'

   It's late on Thursday evening, all packed and ready for our Arctic Rugby Challenge away weekend in Wales. I should be safely tucked up in bed but I can't drift off. Four solitary words were just sent to me by text; 'It's the Big Dipper', and I'm losing sleep over it.
   Any kid or young-at-heart adult would conjure up a wonderful image of fun fairs, roller coasters and amusement parks but not me, this was the news I was dreading. The 'Big Dipper' is the most challenging and soul destroying beast of a sand dune, set in a myriad of Merthyr Mawr sand hills, the highest in Europe. I will stand at the foot of a giant Goliath and be expected to conquer it...four times. I feel a little dizzy at the thought and close my eyes to push the image from my mind. Stop the ride, I want to get off!

Follow our progress this weekend on Twitter with #arcticchallenge and for details of our project visit to Noah's Ark Children's Hospital with Alex Cuthbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment